Powis Parker Fastback Model 15xs CP Tape Binding Machine Review
• The Powis Parker Fastback Model 15xs CP is a thermal tape binding machine that is ideal for medium to high volume users, or users who bind thicker documents
• Fastback offers users a one step binding process that is exceptionally fast, the FB15xs CP can bind a document in as little as 15 seconds.
• The FB15xs CP is a great choice for office environments as it is quite and easy to use. The FB15xs CP also fits into production facilities as it is rugged and exceptionally fast.
• Fastback is a unique binding system that does not use a mechanical binding element that can break, and is more environmentally friendly than traditional binding systems as it does not use plastic.
• The FB15xs CP binds documents from 2 pages to 350 pages or 1-1/2”. One of the great features of Fastback is that there are only 3 sizes of elements to bind this wide range of documents. This greatly cuts down on cost of inventory, and space needed for inventory.
• The FB15xs CP is one of the most versatile systems on the market today. This one system is capable of binding traditional tape bound books (with Superstrips™ and leather-like Composition Strips), hard cover books, perfect bound books, Halfback™ books and note pads.
• The FB15xs CP features a unique “smart sensor” that tells the user what size strip to use, and automatically adjusts the bind time for the various types of strips.
• With the new CP Strips, users can safely bind calendared paper stocks that other thermal binding systems are not capable of handling.
• This system also features an easy to access menu that enables users to make simple adjustments to the bind time, strip end and wrap as well as other custom binding applications.
• While most binding systems in its class do not have warranty or only have a 90 day warranty, the 15 has a one year warranty.
• Fastback is one of the only systems that offers the speed and economy that production users desire as well as the elegance of a high end Hardbound presentation for more important documents.
• The biggest drawback to the 15 is the 15 minute warm up time. While the machine has an exceptionally fast bind time, the warm up time requires most users to leave it on all day. The 15 will go into a rest mode after several minutes with no activity, to wake it up-users simply need to press any button.
• The 15 is a very durable machine, however, it has many more electrical parts than traditional binding systems. While most repairs are simple and fast, as the 15 ages it is subject to slightly more service activity than traditional punch and bind systems. Much like a photocopier it is an excellent idea to purchase a maintenance contract for your Fastback 15xs binding machine.
• Fastback is perhaps that fastest system to bind with, but it does require that the book cools before use or shipping. The rule of thumb is to wait for a minute before removing the book from the cooling rack.
• The FB15xs CP is not the cheapest binding machine on the market. It is comparable to the larger table top production punches in price. However the cost of this machine may be more than many smaller users would like to spend on a binding machine.
• Fastback binding strips are only available in certain lengths. The 15xs is compatible with strips that are 8.5”, 9”, 11”, 14” and 14-7/8” long. Not all sizes or colors are available in all of these lengths so you will have to check and see which options that Powis Parker makes. It is possible to bind custom sized documents that are smaller than 14-7/8” by using a longer strip and then cutting the excess portion of the strip off after the binding process is completed. However, binding documents with a binding edge that is longer than 14-7/8” is not possible with this system.
• Fastback documents offer a secure bind and lay-flat capabilities, but the documents cannot wraparound the spine like a coil or wire bound document.
• The Fastback 15xs-CP is one of the most advanced binding machines on the market and is an excellent choice for accountants, schools, engineers, print shops, advertising agencies, binderies and print on demand applications.
• However, the speed and versatility make this machine a great fit for virtually any user.
• The 15xs allows users to create a wide variety of documents including hard covers, perfect bound books, and tape bound presentations and proposals.
• It is a great fit for companies that are concerned about plastic materials in their documents. Fastback adhesives are all environmentally neutral and will not pollute landfills or water tables with harmful chemicals.
Studio Photo Book System
Powis Studio PhotoBook System
The Studio Photobook™ System by Powis gives everyone the power to make photobooks! With a price point much lower than other photobook binding systems, the Studio Photobook System lets you make beautiful photobooks quickly and easily. Whether you own a print shop and want to expand the range of your offerings, or you operate a photo store that needs to stay competitive in the rapidly changing photography market, the Studio Photobook System by Powis is a perfect way to enter the photobook market without breaking the bank. The Studio Photobook System consists of three pieces of equipment—The Fastback 8x binder, Powis Stitcher (includes a stitch flattening tool), and the Fastback Hardcover Guide. The Fastback 8x Binder is a thermal strip binder with a remarkably small footprint. It takes up no more space than an inkjet printer! The Fastback Stitcher is a powerful desktop system for wire stitching the book contents. The final piece in the system is the Fastback Hardcover Guide, which makes assembling hardcover books a breeze.
• Price Point Perfection—The Studio Photobook System by Powis gives you capabilities and features that were previously only available in the top-end system, including flexible spines, and compatibility with Fastback Photobook Hardcovers, the finest photobook covers on the market.
• Easy to Use—With a few minutes of training, anyone can be up and running with this system. There is no learning curve to worry about.
• No Set-up Waste—The Fastback systems require no make ready waste, making it possible to offer one-off books to your clients.
• Remarkably Fast—Making a book with the Studio Photobook System only takes a few minutes from start to finish.